Solved

Inventory Availability for upcoming Sales Orders

• 9 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello Community! I am looking to find a way to view which Sales Orders in a time frame (next 30/60/90 days, or a set timeframe, etc) have line items that do not have sufficient inventory in stock at time the report is generated. For example, if I have 100 pieces of Item A in inventory, and each of the next three weeks has a Sales Order with 50 pieces scheduled to ship, I want to be able to look at “Next 30 days SO without Inventory” and see that third SO show up as lacking inventory. Basically, I’m looking for a quick summarized way to remind us to schedule certain production orders.

Currently, this is done manually in a couple ways, firstly by noting at time of SO creation whether there is sufficient inventory and flagging items that require production, and secondly by periodically reviewing the Inventory Allocation Details report for high-volume parts to ensure multiple at-the-time-stocked items don’t get added to multiple Sales Orders leaving us short on some.

We are building up to a more comprehensive implementation of MRP, and this is somewhat of a workaround until then, with the added benefit that a Production or Quality team member could look ahead at the next “due date”. We generally make most product for-stock and not to-order. I’m hoping that there is an Inventory or Sales Order report that I overlooked, or that I can make a simple GI for this, so thought I’d ask if anybody else looked ahead based on booked orders as opposed to or in addition to using the MRP module to it’s full effect.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 9 February 2024, 20:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@arthur - yes - I was going to suggest MRP. Otherwise I think this would be a custom GI. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

It’s probably possible with a GI, but we have MRP and Dashboards setup for this.  Outside of MRP, I think you are on the right track in running the inventory allocation, you might be able to grab the GI under that report and set it to run on a schedule a few times per day and email you the result.  But it would still require tracking each run until you get MRP up.

You have the potential to use ISV products. One of our subcontractors has used Velixo to obtain this type of analysis. Velixo extracts information “GI like” from Acumatica and then applies Excel tools to derive like analyses.  

Also, ISV work order tools that complement the Distribution addition include Forecast + MRP functions that provide this info.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved