Solved

How to create a new user role and add permissions?

• 18 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I need to create 2 user roles and assign permissions to it for:
1. Sales Price Worksheet: AR202010
2. Sales Prices: AR202000
3. Customer Price Classes: AR208000

One is a view-only role, the other will be insert/delete.

When I go to Access Rights by Role, there is no option (+) to create a new role. And without a role I can’t add permissions (View/Insert) to a group.

None of the existing roles with access will work, as this is for a new group (Sales team) to have access and the groups are financial roles mostly.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 18 December 2023, 19:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @dylantheriault 

Please select any existing role and click and copy  role to bring all exisiting permission or else

Navigate to user role and create a new one

Then again navigate to access rights by role and enter a new role name and Update the user permissions

Badge

@manikantad18  Thanks! I’ve created the role, now when I navigate to access the role is set up as ‘inherited’ when I try to change to delete, it just reverts back to inherited.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Please update the delete option for every node when you are setting on the final level security setting.

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved