Solved

How is MRP Requirement calculated?

• 1 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

When looking at the MRP display, there is an item that is on there for a base qty of 5,000. I have a few questions in regards to it. 

There is a Sales Order for 5,000, however this item has no Safety Stock and no min/max order qty. There is also nothing on the replenishment tab. There is also nothing on the Vendor tab. So, how does Acumatica calculate this? I know it is demand based but if you do not want to carry 5,000 in a warehouse, how do you get this to not show up on the MRP display? Will a Purchase Order clear this?

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 1 March 2023, 15:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@kandybeatty49 - MRP is always trying to net supply and demand. You have zero on hand and a demand for 5000. So MRP is telling you to buy (this is a purchased item) 5000 to meet your demand. Once you create the Purchase Order for the 5000 (from the MRP Display) then it will not suggest this again. If this item is set up as an MRP item - it is always trying to net supply and demand to come up with a zero (0) balance at the end. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thanks @Debbie Baldwin 

I figured that was the answer but wanted clarification. I tried testing it in my local version and thought that is how it would work! I appreciate the feedback! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@kandybeatty49 - MRP is always trying to net supply and demand. You have zero on hand and a demand for 5000. So MRP is telling you to buy (this is a purchased item) 5000 to meet your demand. Once you create the Purchase Order for the 5000 (from the MRP Display) then it will not suggest this again. If this item is set up as an MRP item - it is always trying to net supply and demand to come up with a zero (0) balance at the end. 

Hi Debbie
I figured while doing my research to reply to this Post as it seems a very similar topic.

We currently have the situation where we have Stock but Customer Requested to either Drop-Ship it or Purchase it specifically for this Order despite having a sufficient Stock Level.

The Sales Order lines are marked for PO (one for Purchase to order, the other one as Drop-Ship)
Both lines don’t trigger in MRP.

Is that expected?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@krausef77 - since you have enough stock it won’t suggest it. You will need to use the Create Purchase Order process screen for any lines marked for PO. (or Drop Ship)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@krausef77 - since you have enough stock it won’t suggest it. You will need to use the Create Purchase Order process screen for any lines marked for PO. (or Drop Ship)

Interesting, is there a way to still get a hit somehow if those usecases come up or would that always need to go through the PO Processing screen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@krausef77 - if you didn’t have stock it would suggest, otherwise it’s always going through PO Processing. If you ended up with too many PO’s then you would get an MRP exception message. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@krausef77 - if you didn’t have stock it would suggest, otherwise it’s always going through PO Processing. If you ended up with too many PO’s then you would get an MRP exception message. 

Awesome, thank you for confirming!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved