Skip to main content

Cost Roll does not obey Phantom Exclude

• 15 July 2024
  • 2 replies

We use average costing and also Phantom Exclude materials.  Sometimes those Phantom Excluded Materials have run time included in their BOMs.

• When creating a production order, the cost roll ignores the routing of the Phantom Excluded material and only blows the parts into the parent BOM.  This behavior is correct.
  • When performing a multi-level cost roll, the cost roll includes the cost associated with the run time of the Phantom Excluded material.  We believe this behavior to be incorrect - the BOM Cost Roll should ignore the cost of the run time when rolling up costs into the parent assembly

I’d like others’ thoughts on this.  Maybe our perspective is incorrect.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@danielklumpp I agree with you that Run time cost should be excluded. I don't think Cost roll supports ‘Exclude’ option of Phantom Routing currently. I will confirm and add the update here asap. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@danielklumpp I have confirmed BOM Cost Roll don't consider Phantom Routing “Exclude” because each BOM cost gets rolled to parent individually. 
I would recommend not adding run time to the operation. 
If run time still needs to be added for the BOM, then you could create multiple BOMs one with run time and other without run time and use component BOM field in the materials tab to define the BOM without run time for Phantom Routing: Exclude.