Solved

Clearing old MRP requirements

• 8 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I have a client who is starting to use MRP and there are old orders that are coming up. Orders from 2017 that are completed, however they are still on MRP. How can these easily be cleared? I am sure I am just missing something simple. 

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 16 February 2024, 14:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Kandy Beatty - I would not expect MRP to display anything based on the information presented here. Do these items still have item plans related to the sales order when viewed on Item Allocation Details? Not sure if using the Recalculate Inventory (IN505000) process would clear these. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

They should clear when you regenerate MRP and production orders or PO’s satisfy the demand of the stock items. After they’re satisfied, it should be removed.  If they’re not satisfied they won’t be removed.  What’s odd is having the SO’s completed and them not being removed. 

I’m wondering if the stock items are still sitting in a state where they’re below the safety stock / reorder points, or if the inventory allocation settings were changed where it’s not considering sales orders anymore for available inventory and MRP won’t clear it because it’s not looking at SO allocated inventory anymore.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

We found the solution for this. It may be a system limitation or a fix that needs made but if the SO is closed, and the line is still marked for PO, the line will stay on the MRP. You have to reopen the order and then uncheck the box then close the order again. It’s a pretty large tasking if you have many orders from years ago but that’s the only way we have found to make it work. 

Once you regenerate MRP, it removes those Orders. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Kandy Beatty Was the line item marked for PO on a PO Receipt that wasn’t completed?  Or is this just a bug then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Kandy Beatty Was the line item marked for PO on a PO Receipt that wasn’t completed?  Or is this just a bug then?

There was never a PO created for that line, it was just checked. It may possibly be a bug. Not sure. I could enter a support case. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Kandy Beatty - I would assume the intent to include them in MRP calculations is because they were marked for PO.  Would be better if it waited until there was actually a linked PO created before affecting the MRP calculations though. Nice find!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Debbie Baldwin - When an SO has a line item marked for PO but the PO isn’t created yet, would MRP include this in the calculations?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved