Solved

Base cost and Labor Cost

• 22 June 2023
  • 5 replies

There are certain inventory items that we “manufacture” into kits- large quantity items that get broken down into smaller items.  However we need to be able to list a different cost for the new item, and incorporate a labor cost per item in the kit.  How can we do this?  Let me give an example of what we’re trying to do with a generic setup:

Bulk Item A- cost $1/lb

Kit Item B- cost $2.50/lb, container for Item B $2 per kit

Labor for 1 Kit $5

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 22 June 2023, 17:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@shanerary - instead of kits have you looked at using Disassembly Production orders? 

No- not sure I’m familiar with that.  How do those differ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@shanerary - are you using Production orders at all? or just kits…..

We aren’t using any yet.  We are trying to build our pricing structures for products.  So we don’t really know the best way to do this.  The base price of the bulk item is always less than the smaller kit item that came from it.  But there also are other parts to that kit and labor costs that vary.  So we need to build this new “kitted” item as one cost point- so all of our locations have the same cost in front of them.  But we don’t know how to build that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@shanerary - my advice would be for you to reach out to your partner. They should be able to help you. If you have a solid example (its hard for me to really follow above) then I’m sure it won’t take much of their time. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved