Solved

Leads Workflow AutoRun fails due to Action Disabled

• 31 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Trying to get an action to auto run on transtion into a workflow state, however on completion of the action ACU gives an error that the action is disabled.

the steps to reproduce

1. Config Leads (CR301000) Screen
  2. In Standard inherited workflow
  3. In the Open state
  4. Set the action “CreateContact” Auto-Run Action field to True
  5. in a new lead with status “New” click the “Open” action
  6. The “Create Contact” dialog pops up, but on selecting “OK” the error message states that the “Open” action is disabled. 
  7. After clearing the error the state has transitioned, however the contract was not created.

What am i doing wrong?

I have also tried to run the Auto-Run action at the “Sales-Accepted” state, however I got the same error.

icon

Best answer by Vignesh Ponnusamy 3 April 2023, 21:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Leif,

For some reason, the action seems to be invoked twice.

If you want a quick workaround/solution, in addition to enabling Autorun in workflow,  you can try the setting Status field for the CreateContact action like in below screenshot.

But in this user has to Open the Lead twice, 1st time the contact will be created and 2nd time the Lead will be set to Open.

Thanks, Vignesh

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

So this is a ACU bug, not a missconfiguration?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t think its a bug, but to meet your requirement you might have to extend and modify the workflow from code. For more detail on it, kindly refer, https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=bf8fc578-a6b7-447a-b913-1cfa8d56b73d

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved