Skip to main content

Import by Scenario (Import Company Tree)

Does anyone know how to create an import scenario for a company tree structure? I'm looking to understand the best practices for setting up and managing hierarchical import data for a company's organizational structure. Any tips or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @yongaguason75 

Can you check above one

I think it was for XML scenario, how bout for excel provider?
I don’t know exactly the mapping scenario for folder, list of groups and group members

Hi @yongaguason75 

Can you check above one

Hi @yongaguason75 You can find the excel provider also 

Sir @Manikanta Dhulipudi can you help me providing some mapping when I want to directly create a group and its multiple member. Appreciate your efforts. 

Hi 

Can you share me the screenshot of the Import company tree?

Is this screen a customization?

Hi 

Can you share me the screenshot of the Import company tree?

Is this screen a customization?

There is no screen customization.

Does anyone have a template to import just the members to the structure? The only thing I’ve ever gotten to work is importing a single contact into a brand new workgroup to be created at the same time. 

Hello @asnell64 can i have the scenario of the single contact in a new workgroup? I might learn something from it.

Hello @asnell64 can i have the scenario of the single contact in a new workgroup? I might learn something from it.

Basically this 

Where workgrouppath is the base path something like Company/Executive/Operations, description is equal to your new workgroup, contact is the name of the contact in your system and owner is true or false for whether they own the workgroup.

It then creates something like this (using Whatever as the new workgroup name):

If you try running it again on an existing workgroup (like say I wanted to add the same person to Assemble and Production), it throws a workgroupid cannot be empty error

Andrew

Hello @asnell64 can i have the scenario of the single contact in a new workgroup? I might learn something from it.

Basically this 

Where workgrouppath is the base path something like Company/Executive/Operations, description is equal to your new workgroup, contact is the name of the contact in your system and owner is true or false for whether they own the workgroup.

It then creates something like this (using Whatever as the new workgroup name):

If you try running it again on an existing workgroup (like say I wanted to add the same person to Assemble and Production), it throws a workgroupid cannot be empty error

Andrew

This is Great! Thank you.

Another avenue would be to make an import scenario from the employee screen as you can can assign employees to workgroups from the workgroup tab. However, that has its own limitations as well. If you have imported the employees already for example but not all of them are associated to a login user yet, the workgroup tab is disabled for those employees without a login user which also means import will fail for them as well.