Solved

How to hide or disable an Button with condition

• 28 September 2023
  • 10 replies

Hi All,

Purpose: the button UPDATE IN on Shipment SO302000 is only displayed or enabled when the Shipment Type = Transfer or Customer Order Nbr = EQ.

I have created a condition.

And Add that condition into Action UPDATE IN

I tried it with the option Hidden and Disabled but both options do not work.

With the above condition, I have seen the button UPDATE IN for all Shipment Types (Shipment and Transfer)

Do you have some idea for this?

icon

Best answer by RohitRattan88 28 September 2023, 16:41

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @chidao, have you tried publish the package or publish with clean up? I tried using the conditions above and it working well on my end. See snipped below.

@palbores My expectation is that the button is only displayed if Shipment Type = Transfer or Customer Order Nbr = EQ. 

So, I set a condition to hide it if the Shipment type does not equal Transfer or the customer order nbr does not equal EQ

But in my test case, Button UPDATE IN is hidden for all cases.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@palbores My expectation is that the button is only displayed if Shipment Type = Transfer or Customer Order Nbr = EQ. 

So, I set a condition to hide it if the Shipment type does not equal Transfer or the customer order nbr does not equal EQ

But in my test case, Button UPDATE IN is hidden for all cases.

I explored something, can you try the condition below.

Conditions
Transfer
Shipment

Hi @palbores I have tried your condition, but it does not work. The button disappears when Customer Order Nbr = EQ (expected result: display)

However, with your exploration, I have updated the condition and see it works well in my cases. Below is a screenshot of the applied conditions.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@chidao, you can use this short condition below.

Conditions
Shipment Type with Customer Order: EQ
Shipment Type with No/Empty Customer Order
Transfer Type

@palbores I try that condition and the button disappears when Customer Order Nbr = EQ (expected to be display)

Userlevel 3
Badge

@palbores I try that condition and the button disappears when Customer Order Nbr = EQ (expected to be display)

Maybe your EQ have a space at the last in it? try to clear cache your browser by doing the Ctrl + F5 keys.

Badge +11

clear cache your browser by doing the Ctrl + F5 keys

I believe the page recache is Shift + F5 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@chidao 

I think following should work as long as there are no more custom ShipmentType(other than system Transfer and Shipment):

Codition

See the result below:

Transfer Shipment
Shipment no EQ
Shipment EQ

Hopefully it helps

Thanks @RohitRattan88 when I apply above condition to Hide, it works well

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved