Solved

How do I undo my changes completely?

• 10 October 2023
  • 14 replies

Badge

I added a field to the Users table. Then I created a customization project to modify the screen.

I published the project, and this field was visible to me. The field was called “JoinDate”.
I unpublished the project and deleted it from my instance. The screen has returned to its original state.

However, each time I get into users, I get this error on the screen. (Screenshot). 

Where do I need to go to get rid of this field completely? I am trying to learn here, so the purpose of creating this field was to understand customizations.

​​​​​​​Thank You!​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by Vignesh Ponnusamy 11 October 2023, 23:04

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @abhijit, in the customization screen, there is a tab named “Database Scripts” where we add custom fields, tables, increase existing field’s length, script, etc.

In this instance, we are going to use the script to completely removed the field you previously added which is “JoinDate”. In the Database Scripts, you can simply click the “Add Script” button and insert this SQL script. Then publish the package.

ALTER TABLE TableName
DROP COLUMN FieldName

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @abhijit You could add the below script to the DBScripts section of your Customizations projects.

ALTER TABLE users
DROP COLUMN usrJoinDate;

Badge

Hi @abhijit, in the customization screen, there is a tab named “Database Scripts” where we add custom fields, tables, increase existing field’s length, script, etc.

In this instance, we are going to use the script to completely removed the field you previously added which is “JoinDate”. In the Database Scripts, you can simply click the “Add Script” button and insert this SQL script. Then publish the package.

ALTER TABLE TableName
DROP COLUMN FieldName

Hope this helps.

Hi @palbores
I have removed the customization project, so this window is no longer available to me.
I will remove the column from the database. That will work, I hope.

Thank You,
Abhijit

Badge

Hi @abhijit remove the “usrJoinDate” field from the “users” table. 

ALTER TABLE users
DROP COLUMN usrJoinDate;

I no longer have the customization project, but removing the column from the SQL server table hasn’t got rid of the error for me.

Userlevel 3
Badge

ALTER TABLE users
DROP COLUMN usrJoinDate;

I no longer have the customization project, but removing the column from the SQL server table hasn’t got rid of the error for me.

Can you share the tracelog for that error?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@abhijit 

Is there any other customization project published on “Users” screen. 

You could try to “Unpublish All” customizations and review the behavior.

Badge

@abhijit

No. This is my first time installing acumatica locally.

Badge

ALTER TABLE users
DROP COLUMN usrJoinDate;

Can you share the tracelog for that error?

The trace log looks like this:

[
{
"MessageText": "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.",
"StackTrace": " at PX.Data.PXFirstChanceExceptionLogger.ProfilerFirstChanceException(Object o, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs args)\r\n at _SetValueByOrdinal(Users , Int32 , Object , PXCacheExtension[] )\r\n at PX.Data.PXCache`1.FillWithValues(TNode item, TNode copy, IDictionary values, PXCacheOperation operation, Boolean externalCall)\r\n at PX.Data.PXCache`1.Insert(IDictionary values)\r\n at PX.Data.PXGraph.ExecuteInsert(String viewName, IDictionary values, Object[] parameters)\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXBaseDataSource.Insert(Object[] parameters, Object[] searches, String[] sortcolumns, Boolean[] descendings, PXFilterRow[] filters, DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, Boolean bypassAutomation)\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXBaseDataSource.ExecuteSelect(String viewName, DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, PXDSSelectArguments pxarguments)\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXDataSource.ExecuteSelect(String viewName, DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, PXDSSelectArguments pxarguments)\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXDataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, PXDSSelectArguments swarguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback)\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXFormDataProvider.DataBind()\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXBoundPanel.PerformSelect()\r\n at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound()\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXDataViewBar.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXPage.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)\r\n at ASP.pages_sm_sm201010_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)\r\n at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()\r\n at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)\r\n at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)\r\n at System.Web.HttpApplication.PipelineStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error)\r\n at System.Web.HttpApplication.BeginProcessRequestNotification(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb)\r\n at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context)\r\n at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)\r\n at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)\r\n at System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr pHandler, RequestNotificationStatus& notificationStatus)\r\n at System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr pHandler, RequestNotificationStatus& notificationStatus)\r\n at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)\r\n at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)\r\n",
"ShortMessage": "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.",
"ParentId": 114,
"RecordId": 39,
"RequestStartTime": 4782.4571,
"TraceMessageId": 1612172888,
"Source": "PX.Data",
"TraceType": "FirstChanceException",
"StackTraceId": 1423951522,
"EventDateTime": "2023-10-11T10:54:36.457",
"ExceptionType": "System.NullReferenceException",
"EventDetails": null
},
{
"MessageText": "Error: An error occurred during processing of the field usrJoinDate: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..",
"StackTrace": " at PX.Data.PXFirstChanceExceptionLogger.ProfilerFirstChanceException(Object o, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs args)\r\n at PX.Data.PXCache`1.FillWithValues(TNode item, TNode copy, IDictionary values, PXCacheOperation operation, Boolean externalCall)\r\n at PX.Data.PXCache`1.Insert(IDictionary values)\r\n at PX.Data.PXGraph.ExecuteInsert(String viewName, IDictionary values, Object[] parameters)\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXBaseDataSource.Insert(Object[] parameters, Object[] searches, String[] sortcolumns, Boolean[] descendings, PXFilterRow[] filters, DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, Boolean bypassAutomation)\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXBaseDataSource.ExecuteSelect(String viewName, DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, PXDSSelectArguments pxarguments)\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXDataSource.ExecuteSelect(String viewName, DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, PXDSSelectArguments pxarguments)\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXDataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, PXDSSelectArguments swarguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback)\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXFormDataProvider.DataBind()\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXBoundPanel.PerformSelect()\r\n at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound()\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXDataViewBar.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)\r\n at PX.Web.UI.PXPage.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)\r\n at ASP.pages_sm_sm201010_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)\r\n at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()\r\n at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)\r\n at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)\r\n at System.Web.HttpApplication.PipelineStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error)\r\n at System.Web.HttpApplication.BeginProcessRequestNotification(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb)\r\n at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context)\r\n at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)\r\n at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)\r\n at System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr pHandler, RequestNotificationStatus& notificationStatus)\r\n at System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr pHandler, RequestNotificationStatus& notificationStatus)\r\n at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)\r\n at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)\r\n",
"ShortMessage": "Error: An error occurred during processing of the field usrJoinDate: Object reference not set to an ",
"ParentId": 114,
"RecordId": 40,
"RequestStartTime": 4783.1874,
"TraceMessageId": 196975100,
"Source": "PX.Data",
"TraceType": "FirstChanceException",
"StackTraceId": 1690060181,
"EventDateTime": "2023-10-11T10:54:36.46",
"ExceptionType": "PX.Data.PXException",
"EventDetails": null
}
]

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@abhijit

I mean this:

Badge

@abhijit

I mean this:

I am aware of what you mean, but I don’t have that option enabled.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@abhijit, try to locate the Site’s folder and find the CSTPublished folder and delete the file with the User’s screen ID on it. Let me know if it works.

Badge

@abhijit, try to locate the Site’s folder and find the CSTPublished folder and delete the file with the User’s screen ID on it. Let me know if it works.

I have done this and the CSTPublished folder doesn’t contain any files.

The error still exists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@abhijit, Did you have these customization in the extension library(.dll)? If so, check the bin folder for the .dll and try removing it.

Badge

@abhijit, Did you have these customization in the extension library(.dll)? If so, check the bin folder for the .dll and try removing it.

This has worked for me. Earlier, I tried to rename the DLL file, but that threw a runtime error in the application. Now I moved the DLL file to a different location and restarted the IIS process. This has definitely got rid of the runtime error.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved