Solved

Do not allow qty=0 lines saved on Invoice without coding?

• 24 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

Recently, our users typed qty=0 lines on invoice (which should have qty). So we less charged our customers due to human error. 
    I know we can probably put codes like below in customization to prevent this mistake.

cache.RaiseExceptionHandling<ARTran.baseQty>(aRTran,
aRTran.BaseQty, new PXSetPropertyException("Qty can not be 0.", PXErrorLevel.Error));

I am just wondering if there is a way to prevent qty=0 line on Invoice entry without coding.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 24 March 2023, 06:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ray20 

Are the invoices generated from shipment? What type of items are on those lines ( stock or non stock)?

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@vkumar Thank you for your always help.
These line items are user typed in on Invoice manually. And they are non-stock items.
As we checked, if the shipped qty=0, the lines with 0 qty on shipment would not converted into invoice.

So, here , What I am talking about the the key-in lines on invoice manually. 
The user forgot to key in the qty.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ray20  I don’t think we have such configuration to raise an error when Qty is 0.

As you know already there is minor code change is required for this. Good to go with this :) to avoid such human errors :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Naveen Boga Thank you ,code master. Glad to get your advice again. However, you know I am not good at coding. And I tried, but I have met a small hole. If you don’t mind, can you take a look at below and advise me to fix it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sure @ray20  Let me check and get back to you.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved