Describe how Attributes provided a fast no code solution for your business?

• 7 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Looking for real world examples on how Attributes in Acumatica ERP are solving everyday business challenges. Please share your experience.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @stevenhouglum 

We can use attributes as real word examples as below.

In Inventory management, to keeps track of the inventory of various clothing products, a garment-selling corporation may build attributes for size and color. For example, they may sell shirts in small, medium, and big sizes with many colors or shades like blue, red, and green. The business may easily control inventory levels for each size and color variation by using attributes for size and color.

In Sales Management, A business that sells goods to both wholesale and retail consumers may develop a customer type attribute. This characteristic might be used to distinguish between several customer groups and monitor how well each group is performing in terms of sales. 

In Project management, an organization that have numerous projects might add a project status characteristic. This property could be used to monitor each project's status and make sure that things are going according to schedule. For example, the corporation could utilize the property to identify a project that is running behind schedule and give more resources to it.

Regards,

Sweta

Badge +11

Not what you asked for, I know, but a customer I worked for didn't end up using Attributes because Attributes aren't (or weren't) accessible to business events, where as, custom fields are.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We have used attribute to specify the cube dimensions and qty per cube for stock items.  The attributes are then used to calculate the volume and number of cubes on shipping paperwork using the Report Designer.  

Userlevel 2

@lauraj46 Was this cube a inventory item, shipping package, …? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @stevenhouglum , the attributes are on the inventory item.  The cube is on the shipment paperwork such as the commercial invoice.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

we have a lot of customers who will use the attributes to track old part numbers or additional data that is required for identifying different customer types or separating customers out further than can be allowed with the customer class.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Attributes are a staple in my implementations so I have a quick write-up on common uses.  

CRM: Attributes are used from leads to business accounts and everything in between I have seen them track just about everything.  Some examples: potential deal size, prospect motivation, budget available, competitors for deal, etc. This has helped many of our customers increase their win rate and feel more confident talking to prospects and customers. 

Distribution: Attributes have become popular among our distribution customers. They find it valuable to track details such as manufacturer, color, seasonal availability, promotional status, product release date, recall status, and more. We usually incorporate these attributes into a Generic Inquiry, enabling salespersons to quickly sort and filter to meet customer needs.  Primarily this allows them to have higher end-customer satisfaction and support eCommerce connections.  

Manufacturing: They are also popular for our Manufacturing customers who use attributes to track details such as tooling required, special handling, staging information, forklift needed, hazardous material, MSDS sheet number and location, etc.  This allowed for increased efficiency on orders and maintain compliance.  

All of our customers that have utilized Attributes also pull to reports and generic inquires to get this information in the hands of the internal team, customer, shipper, auditors, and shop floor. 

I hardly work through an implementation without using attributes, every business is unique. My goal is to make Acumatica work for the customer.  To the best of my ability attributes can lift serious weight without customization.  My top use cases are customers migrating from homegrown systems, industry specific systems, and excel inventory masters.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved