Skip to main content
Solved

Custom Field combo box list creation

• 10 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I would like to create a custom field on the Customer form which has a list of options basically stating why the customer’s acccount is in the “OnHold” state. Basically a combo box. Going through the Acumatica Univeristy, it shows you how to create the field but not the difffent types using the Acumatica tools. Most of the later part of the demo uses coding which I am not familiar with. Is this doable just using the gui instead of coding?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can do this with low code.

1. Create the field make it a String and allow a length so it can store all the selections

2, Go to the Data Access tab and you will see the new field and change the attributes to something like this. My field is called Collection Action

[PXDBString(20)]

[PXStringList(new string[] {"C", "E", "T","R"}, new string[] {"Call", "Email", "Standard", "At Risk"}, MultiSelect = true)]

[PXUIField(DisplayName="Collection Action")]

So in case above there will be 4 drop downs and a user can multiselect them as needed. The data stored will be a C, and or E and or T and or R but the field will display the description (new string) value on the screen. You can put the description value in here instead but make sure the field you created in Point 1 is long enough to store all the text with commas. 

1. Publish the Package and when published then add the field to the screen as normal and publish again

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Additionally, here is the complete article to create the Dropdown. Create the DropDownList based on the dropdown values like PXIntList (For Integers) / PXStringList (For String values) 

https://www.crestwood.com/2018/03/13/how-to-add-a-dropdown-list-field-to-an-acumatica-screen/

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, Thank you for you help. Can the color of the field be changed?