Question

Business Event Conditions

• 3 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello commuity,

I have been working on creation of Business events. So the scenario is I have a customization that changes the status of a customer record to Inactive whenever a new record is created. So in this case a notification would be triggered to the Supervisor.

The second case is, if have one more customization that changes the status of the customer record same to Inactive whenever any field under General tab is modified, this only implies for the customer record status = Active. So for this second case I am likely to trigger a notification stating a change was made.

How can I create 2 different business events for the above scenario?

Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Hi Harry! If I’m understanding the scenario, the route I’d go would be to try and utilize some specialty GI’s (perhaps one per scenario) with conditions built in. For the first, a scenario where a GI only shows “Inactive” customers. If a new one is added to the list it fires off the notification. 

The second sounds like a GI tracking all the fields you’d like to identify if changed. If they are modified, then the GI gets triggered. 

Hope that helps at least throw some ideas your way!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Harry! If I’m understanding the scenario, the route I’d go would be to try and utilize some specialty GI’s (perhaps one per scenario) with conditions built in. For the first, a scenario where a GI only shows “Inactive” customers. If a new one is added to the list it fires off the notification. 

The second sounds like a GI tracking all the fields you’d like to identify if changed. If they are modified, then the GI gets triggered. 

Hope that helps at least throw some ideas your way!

hey @Mason J Kellner ,

Thanks for your prompt response. What I tried is I created a biz event for the first scenario that if a new record is inserted then a notification to be triggered. Since the customization makes it as Inactive.

For the later one I created a biz event that if a record is changed then notification to be triggered. But in this scenario 2 notifactions are triggered that inckude the first condition too.

Can you ket me know the soecity conditions to add in both GIs? Would really be grateful.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Harry were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved