Solved

Automation for Employee Timecard Creation

• 10 November 2023
  • 5 replies

I’d like the ability to mass create employee timecards and potentially put that on an automation schedule.  Currently, we are using field service logs to populate employee timecards but I have to manually create the weekly timecards for each employee at the beginning of each week.  This is to make the time records viewable within Acumatica as well as our integrated payroll system.  

I submitted a case directly to Acumatica Support and was informed that this is not currently doable through business events.  There may be a customization option, but that’s outside of my expertise.  I’d love to see suggestions for how to go about that if anyone has done something similar.

Otherwise, it would be great to include this functionality in a future release.

Thanks,

Eric

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 14 November 2023, 01:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@emiller you are advised correctly by the support team. I personally had similar request from one of my clients who imports time from Procore. I had to develop a custom function for them. I believe you need something similar.

Thanks, @aaghaei.  I’d love to hear more about the custom function you developed if you’re willing to share the details

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No worries @emiller 

What I have done works as follows: When Procore creates an export file, the custom functions reads the Procore into Weekly Crew Time entry screen for each workgroup and their crews for the week. When times loaded successuly, payroll person reviews the time for reasonability. When user is staisfied clicks on a custom action button that will push the weekly crew time to individuals weekly time card. When pushing the time it checks to see if for a given week the employee has timecard or not. If has, will open the existing timecard to push the time if not will create a time card for the employee and then will push the times. 

It is similar and different from your case. Different because it pushes the time from Weekly Crew and similar because it should create a time card for each employee in a given week if employee does not have time card.

In your case (based on my limited knowledge from this case) you might need a custom action that displayes the list of employees for a given week with ability to multi-select some or all employees at once and then create the time card for the selected employees in the given week.

Yes @aaghaei, that is exactly what I’m looking for

We want the same thing but not importing from any place. Our employees enter their time in Acumatica directly. We are on a weekly schedule for submitting timesheets but when the month ends not on a Sunday, the employee has to create two timecards.  When the month ends Monday - Thursday they get it.  But when the period ends Friday or Saturday it confuses them  that they have to enter a zero time card.  And more annoying, the supervisors hate having to approve them.

We have asked for a customization to give accounting the ability to create and approve in mass.  Should work similar to someone who we term and rehire in the same year, where we go in to their employee record and “Generate time cards”.  Sure they could figure a way to do this enmass.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved