Question

2023r1 - Business Event Subscriber Task - Assigning Owner

• 15 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have created a Business Event based of a GI related to Purchase Orders.   I have a Task Subscriber and everything is working correctly until I try to set the Owner of the task to be the Owner of the PO.   I have tried all of these options and end up with this error.

Interesting is I can Execute the Event again from the Business Event History failure and it does create the Task but with myself and not the PO Owner as the Tast Owner.

Thanks.

Brett

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @brettnothan9 

Could you please share the Business event xml file.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @manikantad18 ,

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this.   Please find the BE xml attached.

Brett

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @DanWats

I see you recently helped Tim R on something similar.   I have added POOrder.EmployeeID to the GI backing my Business Event but don’t see that “raw” field as a selection for the task owner.   Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Brett

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’m experiencing something very similar. I’m trying to use Business Events to create a Task for a salesperson when a specific Activity type has been created for a Customer where that salesperson is the Default Salesperson on the Customer record.

From what I can tell, the OwnerID on a Task is the same as the DefContactID from the EPEmployee table. Therefore, in my GI I have related the tables thusly and added the DefContactID as a result field:

However, when I create the Task Template to use with my business event I only have these fields available from the EPEmployee table:

I ran a separate test on this business event with each of those fields and none of them worked correctly; the business event fails and just as @brettnothan9 was able to do, I can manually select the business event in the Business Event History screen and Execute the business event but the task will be created with myself as the Owner instead of the salesperson from the GI.

Anyone have any suggestions how to resolve this?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved