Solved

Update Active Production Order Overhead Rates

• 18 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have a scenario i want to create to update open Production Orders. I have an XLS that has the Production order number, the Operation, the Work Center, the current Overhead Rate, and what the New Over Rate should be. 

I need to do this from screen AM209000. 

The steps would be to look up the Production Order, Place the order on Hold, and select the proper operation. next, you would have to update the Overhead factor on the Overhead tab to the “New Rate” and take it off hold save. From here you would progress to the next item on the list. 

Screen AM209000

Any thoughts?? 

icon

Best answer by Evan Templin 19 April 2023, 20:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have created the following import scenario but get the following error. It's been a while since I have done an import scenario so I am sure it is something I am missing. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@cmoreland Try this, it works at my end. There are some values I hard coded manually using my own data. 

To update the Overhead factor on existing Production Orders in Acumatica, you can use the AM209000 screen. Simply open the screen and enter the Production Order number you want to update. After that, pause the order and pick the necessary operation from the Operations menu. Then select the Overhead tab and modify the Overhead factor to reflect the modified rate from your XLS. Once done, release the order from hold and save the changes you've made. Repeat these steps for each Production Order you need to update.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kristianharianja - thanks so much this has gotten me close. The issue i am running into is that I only want to “select” a pre-existing operation and then open the overhead tab and enter the new rate on the already existing line. I currently am receiving the following error. I am sure I am missing something obvious. 

Userlevel 1

There’s a couple different issues (and it could be simply different version of Acumatica), but the primary issue is that you want to use “@@OperationCD” rather than “@@OperationID” because the Key in the view is the CD rather than the typical ID. Additionally, if you’re looking to update an existing Overhead record, you need to make sure that the “Commit”. With that being said, I was able to this import several times to mass update records:

One issue I ran into is the selecting of the Operation. Typically you only need the “@@OperationCD” to be able to select the record, but for some reason this wasn’t updating the bottom half of the parent/child relationship. Adding in the “Operation ID = Operation ID” (setting it back to itself) did allow for the selector to update the child and then appropriately allow updating the overhead value.

Hope this helps!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved