Solved

Trying to import line items to a sales order gives error: The system failed to commit the splits row. What does this mean?

• 14 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’m trying to import some line items to an existing SO via an import scenario.  I get the error:

The system failed to commit the splits row

The only thing it’s doing is adding an inventory item and quantity to the line details after updating the external reference:

I tried doing the same manually and it works without problems.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Phil

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 14 April 2022, 17:41

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ppowell  Can you please the Import Scenario XML file here, so that I can take look at the mappings and provide the solution, If I can.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks.  Attached is the import scenario XML.

Just a bit of background to explain what I am doing.

We are about to go live having been working on moving from an old system to Acumatica. I have exported all the backorders that have been put in during the testing phase via a GI which we want to import into the system once we clear all the test data out.

I exported all SO information except SOLine data and reimported putting the old SO Number as Customer Order Number so we have a reference to the old number to match with the autonumbered new records.  I exported the SOLine data also separately and am just trying to get that back in against the newly created SO.

The first phase went fine and the new SO exists with the number specified in New Order No. I tested with just updating the external reference and doing nothing with line items and that is now working so I know it is finding the new SO.  When I try to import the Line items back in I get the error about splits row.

Thanks for any help,

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ppowell  I have modified the mappings and verified it and seems working well . Please do verify from your end and let me know if you find any issues.

Badge +18

Hello, I see Naveen answered. I too was able to import lines to existing Sales Order with a little bit different import scenario from Naveen’s. I simply added the four required Sales Order Details columns to my Excel, building 4 more columns on the spreadsheet I showed you earlier this morning.

Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Now I see why it was failing, for some reason when I was looking for Details I didn’t see it and came to Line Details first, thinking that was the right one and of course it failed.

Just one question, what does the @@InventoryID do?

Thanks so much once again,

Phil

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks both for your replies. I accidentally marked Laura’s reply as best answer but I was trying to mark Naveen’s. The problem was I was using Line Details instead of Details and both of your screenshots showed me that but I saw Naveen’s first.

I don’t seem to be able to change the best answer to Naveen.

Thanks both for all your help.  You are both lifesavers!

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks for sharing the update @ppowell 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ppowell I have fixed the Answer 😀

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved