Skip to main content

I have created an import scenario to create matrix items automatically from the Template Item since the OOB import is not very good, especially for simpler single-variant scenarios and multiple classes with different attribute sets.

However, I am having issues with the Custom Key created to lookup the Attribute Value ID on the ITEM CREATION grid (the line above and below Line Number row).

Current Result:

When I try to create a matrix item for the “OS” (One Size) attribute for an item, it simply selects and creates the first attribute value in the list:

When I disable these two lines and hard code the Line Number row, the import works fine.

Any issues noticed with the way I created the custom key?

@Ahmed

Yes you need to some how inform system the line you want to select then set the value. This can be one way you can select the line from the Item Creation and Attribute on lower table.

Map to LineNumber

=Switch( INSZACCS=LG', 1, INSZACCS='MD', 2, INSZACCS='NS', 3, INSZACCS='OS', 4,INSZACCS='SM', 5, INSZACCS='XL', 6,INSZACCS='XXL', 7)

@Ahmed

Yes you need to some how inform system the line you want to select then set the value. This can be one way you can select the line from the Item Creation and Attribute on lower table.

Map to LineNumber

=Switch( INSZACCS=LG', 1, INSZACCS='MD', 2, INSZACCS='NS', 3, INSZACCS='OS', 4,INSZACCS='SM', 5, INSZACCS='XL', 6,INSZACCS='XXL', 7)

Yes, this is the way the OOB import does it, however this makes it necessary to create a new scenario for every item class that varies with variant attributes or update the scenario anytime your attribute has a new value. Ideally, would have the import scenario re-usable for any client regardless of data values.

I am dealing with a similar issue. My problem is that you have to assign the attributes to the item class and then if you have multiple template items to use those same item classes you have to uncheck the Attributes you don’t want to use under the configuration tab. There is no option via import scenario to check and uncheck the attributes that don't apply and then for some reason if more than 1 attribute is checked as active you have to assign both a default column and default row. 

Poorly engineered screen and architecture in my opinion.