Solved

Mass deleting records

• 14 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hey there,

We’re working on migrating to Acumatica. We uploaded our stock items, but the move to new system has been delayed, and the data is outdated. I’d like to just mass delete the records, and do a fresh upload, rather than go and update 100’s of products. 

How do I mass delete records? Deleting 10,000 products one at a time would take a long time.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by nassim 19 August 2021, 10:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jsalmont Below article may help you on mass deletion of records. please find the link below

https://nexvue.com/acumatica-tips-tricks-how-to-enable-mass-delete-records/

Userlevel 1

Hey @jsalmont

@Naveen B  “ your method is concerned by deleting records by pages”

In @jsalmont ‘s case with 10.000 records or mine with more than 44.000 records, you need to go throw an import scénario.

Here are all steps:

1- Export records to be deleted ( in my case stock items IN2025PL)

2- Upload it in a data provider ( type excel provider)

3- go on import scenario screen SM206025 and create a new one with your new data provider file 

Bilding scenario:

in my case 

stock item summery=>inventory ID=> Inventory ID

stock item summery=> <Action: Delete >

stock item summery=> <Dialog answer> => ‘OK’

Then go to import by scenario screen, select your scenario, prepare and import .

here are some screenshots :

Userlevel 1

I used this import scenario where I have similar 10k records to be deleted.

I kept running this the whole night it managed to delete only around 900 records.

I saw this link where we can edit the generic enquiry to enable mass delete. Although it is manual I found it quick to do. 

Would there be a faster way of doing it by manipulating the generic enquiry? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

If not happy using import scenario, I just tested this option, but probably for fewer items:

1. Navigate to GI of the stock items screen
  2. Enable mass deletion of records
  3. back to the records
  4. select all and delete

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved