Solved

Item vendor Lead Time Import "Purchase Unit" Error

• 10 October 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good day.

I am trying to import item vendor lead times into the stock item profile.

See the attached.  I keep getting the below error; the one that worked was blank.

Any suggestion/modifications need to the import scenario.

Thank you.

@Evan G 

icon

Best answer by riglesias 28 November 2023, 19:47

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

hI @EvanG Please disable the below hightlighted checbox and provide feedback.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @EvanG 

If the vendor already exists under Vendors tab, when you map <Line Number> line to =-1 The system will try to add a new line instead of updating the existing Vendor with the corresponding time. 
In this case I would recommend you to setup a custom key by using the @@ notation for Vendor ID field to update the line.
Here’s a link that explains how to setup a custom key to update existing lines on a grid (Min 44:56): 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @EvanG 

Here’s how you need to map the import scenario.
- Deactivate <Line Number> line.
- Insert a line for the custom key (@@InventoryID)

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@riglesias 

Thank you for your response.  I made the adjustment adding the @@ field.  Same error?  Is it in the wrong place?  Or should it be custom field for vendors?

See screenshot.

@EvanG 

I think @riglesias meant to say, add a line with @@VendorID, not @@InventoryID

Basically, the “@@” tells the import to use the specified field to find a line which matches the field being brought in by the data.

In this case, @@VendorID will tell the import to use the VendorID field to find the line where the VendorID matches the value being brought in on the import scenario.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

hI @EvanG Please disable the below hightlighted checbox and provide feedback.

have you tried this Option?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

@CNeels @riglesias @manikantad18

Thank you for your assistance.  Please see the attached xml.  I am still getting Purchase Unit issue.  I then had an issue with Location but added the @@ field.  I am not sure why this little scenario is such a problem.  It basically a test; i am going to update all my items shortly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @EvanG 

Could you please provide a screenshot of Stock items screen for the item TB-94-M-3-2BES showing vendors tab?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge

@riglesias See below,

Userlevel 5
Badge

@riglesias  Any suggestion?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @EvanG were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @EvanG 

Sorry for the delay.

I restored your scenario in my demo and here are my thoughts.

I noticed the custom keys were setup by  entering the field’s name between parenthesis which is incorrect. Also Line Number line is still active. 

In this webinar, there is an example on how to setup custom key fields: 

To setup a custom key using the @@ notation, you need to type the data field’s fields name which you can find by inspecting element. See example below where I inspected element for Vendor ID field:

Once you know the data field names for the fields you want to setup as custom key, you have to map this fields first, then the fields with the values you need the system to search by and at the end, the values that you need to be updated.
Please find below the screenshot of the corrected scenario mapping so you can use as reference:

Hope this helps.

If you still run into any issues, I would recommend you to create a case so I can review your instance and see what could be missing.

Have a nice day!​​​​​​​

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved