Solved

Import Scenario: Update Item Class UOM

• 19 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Howdy all,

Looking for some input on an import scenario that isn't updating a Base Price UOM value at the Item Class level (even though that’s the mission of this import scenario)

The import scenario appears to run successfully but the data are not updated.

The business mission is to update the Item Class Base/Sale/Purchase UOM values to match a specific Item Base UOM value. In the screenshot you can see that the goal is to update the Item Class that starts with "350MISC" such that its Item Class Base/Sale/Purchase UOM values are set to "LB" rather than "EA".

The screen shows that the import was successful but the Item Class UOM values are not being updated.

What’s a good way to troubleshoot when the scenario returns a successful result, but the field isn’t updated? 

Also, maybe this import scenario is too abbreviated and perhaps this is the root cause:

Any pointers would be great. 

icon

Best answer by AWelty24 21 October 2022, 18:34

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello

It looks like Class ID line needs to be Active on the Import Scenario.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I got this worked out and wanted to share.

Tagging the wonderful @laura01 for pointing me in the right direction.

First, you are right. I didn’t have everything “active” that should be set to active.

Second: I learned that Acumatica actually recommends mapping on Item Class Description rather than Item Class CD. This is counter-intuitive but it does seem to work. (Could this be related to the Item Class CD masking? Maybe that makes it hard to match.)

Third: seems like it also needed me to map the Availability Calculation. In this case there was only one available value so it was ok for me to define that within the mapping.

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction and catching that mistake!

Hope this helps others in the future.

Arline

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @AWelty24 !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved