Solved

Import Scenario to Add Notes to Record that Already Has Notes

• 7 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Everyone,

I am working on an import scenario that adds notes to an AR invoice and if the invoice already has notes, to add a line break then the additional notes. I can get the import to work just fine with records without notes already on them however I cannot add additional notes to that record. Does anyone have a suggestion here? Maybe I need to add something after the last action?

icon

Best answer by riglesias 7 December 2022, 21:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @podonnell11 

I have a workaround for this, Just take the existing notes and add new notes, Update the Invoice with Updated notes

I have tested It.

Initially, I updated with an Invoice sample, later I run another updated Invoice test as an example.

Attached Import scenario for reference

I will take a look if we can add new notes through import and let you know

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @podonnell11 

I have a workaround for this, Just take the existing notes and add new notes, Update the Invoice with Updated notes

I have tested It.

Initially, I updated with an Invoice sample, later I run another updated Invoice test as an example.

Attached Import scenario for reference

I will take a look if we can add new notes through import and let you know

Hello Manikanta,

I can add notes with a modified version of your scenario, but it writes-over what was already existing. We want to preserve what was already in there. I appreciate your input in this matter. I will keep testing to see if we can add notes below existing notes.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @podonnell11 

Here is my Idea, export the Notes data of the Invoice and export it to excel, add a new note in the same sheet and combine two columns and update the notes as New.

I know this is a bit complex but sharing my thought.

Good Luck

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @podonnell11 

Here is my Idea, export the Notes data of the Invoice and export it to excel, add a new note in the same sheet and combine two columns and update the notes as New.

I know this is a bit complex but sharing my thought.

Good Luck

Thanks

Thanks, that can be a solution in the short-term

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @podonnell11 

You can map the Internal field (Document.NoteText), add a + and then add the External field (field within your data provider) with the note you want to add. This way, the system will keep the original note and add new notes. 

You can find my sample scenario attached.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @podonnell11 

You can map the Internal field (Document.NoteText), add a + and then add the External field (field within your data provider) with the note you want to add. This way, the system will keep the original note and add new notes. 

You can find my sample scenario attached.

Hope this helps.

This worked perfectly. Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved