Question

Import Scenario Prompt For Input When Run

• 25 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I may have missed how to do this.  What I would like to be able to do is have a setting or popup when the Import Scenario is run to be able to be used as part of the import.  For example, we currently have a situation where they would like to set the date on incoming AR invoices versus using a date from the data from the other system.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

THANK YOU!

Jim

5 replies

Badge +1

Not sure about the full context here but you cannot use import scenarios to do this in the way mentioned. However you could:

• Use Import by Scenario screen to manually enter date field in the data before clicking import
  • Use approvals and assignment mappings on the invoices so that documents are not processed until the date is updated by the approval manager
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jkoshar90 

What is the criteria for the pop up to appear as per your requirement? There is no out of the box option to enable a popup to enter a value for any column on import scenario. We can try find a workaround if you elaborate the condition based on which the pop up should appear. As per initial post, it looks like the pop up should appear for all records on import file ? 

Regards

Userlevel 3
Badge

I would like to be able to have the pop up occur for the import each time it is run.  Not everyone that needs to run the import should be able to maintain the import.  We have had 2 different instances that they made a change that made the import fail and had to be fixed.

The approval process along with Business Events may or may not work in some instances.  For example, we have a file that is received from another system that does not have the Branch number, but the person knows what the Branch number should be.  If a default value could be assigned based upon the pop up when the import is run, they could just input the value when they begin the run.

While the Import Scenarios have more functionality than the Microsoft Dynamics GP Integration Manager (we are moving many or our Dynamics GP customers), this is something that the Integration Manager allowed.

I would not require a criteria for the pop up to occur.  I would always want the prompt for data.

Jim

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jkoshar90 were you ever able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @jkoshar90 were you ever able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

No.  I was not able to resolve this issue.  We are making some assumptions in some cases that are mostly correct.  However, sometimes there is no substitute for a prompt for information from who is running the process.

Jim

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved