Solved

Import scenario process error

• 17 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

All,

We have a attribute/user defined field in Business Accounts called Next Contact By. I want to create an import scenario where we replace an ex-employee with a current employee. The available employee are in a attribute called NEXTCONBY and stored like Value ID = 14, Description = Jane Doe.

I setup a data provider/excel provider and attached the excel sheet (account ids with the new employees value id)

I think I’ve messed up the mappings:

The Import by Scenario prepares ok with the correct number of records, but on import I get the following error:

Field: Value, Value: 14, Error: The DEFAULT class does not have the NEXTCONBY attribute. Make sure the attribute name is correct or consider adding the attribute to the class.

Any thoughts on how I may be messing this up? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by riglesias 19 July 2023, 01:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @swartzfeger 

Is the attribute specified as user defined field?

If it is, can you try to modify the mapping and search for the user defined field under Account Summary Object? See Below:

Hope this helps.

If the issue remains can you provide a screenshot showing the field you need to update?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello @swartzfeger 

Is the attribute specified as user defined field?

If it is, can you try to modify the mapping and search for the user defined field under Account Summary Object? See Below:

Hope this helps.

If the issue remains can you provide a screenshot showing the field you need to upda

Rodrigo,

Thanks for your help brother!

Indeed, the attribute is a UDF:

I just checked and added the attribute with the Account Summary as a target… so am I to assume I need to remove the <Key: AttributeID> line and go with the new line that is highlighted yellow?

Thanks for your help, I’ve attached xml. :D

Userlevel 5
Badge

I sent a post with screenshots but apparently it wasn’t moderated/approved… will try re-typing/sending again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @swartzfeger 

That is correct. You can delete or deactivate the Attribute lines (1), then use the Data provider value and map it to the Account Summary Line (2) and move up this Account Summary line (3) above <Action Save> line.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello @swartzfeger 

That is correct. You can delete or deactivate the Attribute lines (1), then use the Data provider value and map it to the Account Summary Line (2) and move up this Account Summary line (3) above <Action Save> line.

Hope this helps.

Thanks R, that did the trick!

It imported correctly on first try but the data didn’t change -- I then realized commit was unchecked. Imported again and all was well. Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved