Solved

Import Scenario for Employee Time Activities in 2022 R1

• 14 December 2022
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2

I have created an import scenario to create employee time activities for an excel spreadsheet.  The spreadsheet contains the employee ID, the from and until weeks for the header (this is contained on each line, so the detail knows which employee and week the record should be created under) and then the date, project, project task, labor item, hours,  and description for the activity itself.  When trying to import multiple records, it only creates one activity and errors on the others, or it doesn’t create the activity, but doesn’t error.  If you go one by one and activate and import one line at a time it correctly creates all the activities.  What am I missing to allow all the lines to get created with one import as opposed to importing each line separately?

icon

Best answer by ed.goodman 23 December 2022, 15:16

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jeans16 

Try this  import scenario once

My Recommendation is to inactive the Line Nbr =-1 and check the import scenario.

Thanks

Userlevel 2

Inactivating the Line Nbr=-1 results in the records be checked off as if they were imported with no errors, but they do not actually create any activities.  I don’t see how the EP307000 Import scenario you attached would work as it does not specify in the import which employee to create the activity for.  the only line you have an employee ID on is approver field.  Not sure what version this was created on, but in 2022 R1 on the EP307000 screen you have a header record that contains the employee and the week.  This import scenario does nothing to create the header record.

Hi @jeans16 did you get anywhere with this? I am working on a very similar scenario. I was able to get all the lines in but that was for one employee. When multiple employees are on the import, I get an issue. Wondering if in your import file, each line is a different employee?

Userlevel 2

@bdanhardt83 I have not been able to get any created, I ended up creating the time card detail instead of using time activities.  I have 1 file with multiple employees and activities in the file.  I would love to see your import scenario to see what is different that you were able to get multiple lines in on an employee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jeans16 

Here is the Import scenario which @bdanhardt83 created ( Attached below)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello @jeans16 

Here is the mapping we have from sales demo data.

@jeans16 the scenario @manikantad18 posted above has issues when the project and project task get associated. 

@ed.goodman funny, I did not see this in my sales demo data. Did it come from a particular version? Could you provide the name and/or XML. The save, hold, save at the end may solve one of my problems!

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello @bdanhardt83!

The name of the scenario is Import EP Time Activities and I have it in build 22.116.0029.

Let me know if you are not finding it.

I will export to xml and attach here for you.

Userlevel 2

@ed.goodman The save, hold, save with the respective commit checkboxes was the key to getting this to work for me.  Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@jeans16 

Glad I could help!  🙂

@ed.goodman sorry for falling off on here, but to @jeans16 comment, same for me the save, hold, save was the key!

@ed.goodman The save, hold, save with the respective commit checkboxes was the key to getting this to work for me.  Thanks!

I have recently tried the above but cannot make it work.  I tried hardcoding the Hold to FALSE and as well as bringing it in from the data file.  The 1st line comes in, 2nd has “Nullable object must have a value”, 3rd line has “Any unsaved changes will be discarded” -- then it repeats.  So lines 1, 4 and 7 come in, but 2, 5 and 8 have the Nullable error and lines 3, 6 have the Any unsaved data error.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@jperlowin 

If some lines are importing and some lines are not, that would indicate that the issue is the data, not the mapping.  What I would normally do in these situations is take one of the lines that is erroring out and attempt to enter it manually (ie. do manually what you are attempting to do with the import scenario) and see if it can be done manually.  Normally, if some lines are importing, that would indicate that the mapping is fine and that the issue is the data.

@ed.goodman 

Thank you for your reply.  That is an excellent suggestion, and I have done that to see how data goes in and if there are any dialog boxes that pop up.  The data is ok -- if I don’t try to remove the hold it goes in fine, it’s just when I activate the remove hold/save lines that I get the error.  It’s erroring for some reason, then a row goes in, then an error, etc.  Have NO idea what the real error is or why I’m getting it.

Any alternative ways to get the hold remove would be appreciated.  One idea is to program a button that will do it on the Employee Time Activity window, but I know that would be a customization.  I wish I could modify the GI for this screen and add a mass update to it (did that for the Customers window).  Anyone create a GI for this?  Of course, getting the import to do it would be my 1st choice. I’m including the import in case you want to look at it.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved