Skip to main content

Hi Acumatica People,

I mostly create import scenarios from SQL data providers (better handling of data types and “one and done”). For my equipment import scenario, for the SQL data provider, I have no errors and one record loads (out of a set of 12). I looked over the trace records and no handling of an error.

Next, I exported the set of records and created an Excel data provider and a new import scenario with the same mapping and attempt to execute an import scenario.

Now, it throws an error: “Error, “Customer” cannot be empty.”

I am exporting my Excel scenario and I’ll provide some screenshots.

Hello @PatrickBacon 

I made some changes to the import scenario and checked commit column for customer and location lines. 

Here’s a screenshot to use as reference.

Here’s also the XML file with the mapping corrections.

Hi Rodrigo,

I updated the commits for owner type, customer (ownerid), location type, customer (customerid) as you demonstrated and even though the prepared data shows 12 records processed, I see only one new equipment being created without any errors being thrown.

Thanks,

Patrick

Hello @PatrickBacon ,

Assuming the TRACE captured the issue details on other 11 records not processed, try reviewing the trace details or share it here.

Attached is the trace.

I have a solution. 

I notice that only one record is added no matter how many records are in my import and that I could change the equipment record to be active and only the last record was being added.

For the fun of it (and in spite of my setting that the equipment number should follow a sequence), I created a unique entry for each entry I am loading like this: 

= PadLeft(towner_id] ,6, '0') +'.'+'item_no] +CStr(rtransmitter_id] )

whereas it was: 

=-1

Once I made this modification, all the records load without errors.

I assumed that the "ForEach" row, a new equipment identifier was being created for each row, but that appears not to be the case when I had "='1" for the equipment identifier.

Thoughts?

Patrick

@riglesias Directed me to review training associated with autonumbering enabled as referenced here,  Webinar: Common examples of import scenarios | Community (acumatica.com).