Skip to main content
Solved

Import by Scenario import is unsuccessful but there is no error message

• 16 July 2024
  • 5 replies

My simple, first Import by Scenario import fails but there is no error message.  I’m not sure where to look.

Where do I look?

Thanks,

Tom

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello @TomMorris 

Could you please share a screenshot of the import scenario mapping?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Of course.  Thanks, Rodrigo.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @TomMorris,

Thanks for the screenshot. 
Mapping looks fine, I would delete the <Action:Insert> line on top (see first screenshot of the sample scenario mapping as reference) and make sure at the end of the scenario mapping you have the <Action: Save> line (second screenshot):

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@TomMorris Can you advise on what you’re trying to accomplish with the import? Are you trying to import new records, or update existing records?

I noticed you are using Reference Nbr. for both the reference number of the document, as well as the reference number for the Vendor Ref Nbr, have you tried making a new field for the Vendor Ref Nbr and/or just hard coded it since you are only importing a single line?

Was this document used for the AP Bills used for something else prior? It looks like you are using CustomerID as the Vendor line so maybe there are some out of place references on the mapping?

I’ve attached the import from sales demo ACU Import AP Bills for reference

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Benjamin.  

The import is reduced to one row as I work to isolate different issues I have encountered.  I’m Acumatica green. 

I’ll review your comments, see what I can find.

Tom