Skip to main content

I am attempting to, via import scenario, create template items and create all their matrix items. 

I need to create hundreds if not thousands of template items. 

When assigning attributes to Item Classes and then assigning those item classes to the Template, all attributes are set as “Active” for that template item by default when creating the item. 

I want to set the checkbox in the header of that column to FALSE so that it ideally unchecks all attributes and then allows me to go set the appropriate attributes to TRUE again through import scenario.

Attributes from Template Item

How can I set the header column checkbox to FALSE and thus uncheck all attributes via import scenario. 

I don’t want to create 100s if not thousands of item classes just to use with the appropriate attributes. Some attributes in an item class don’t apply to all template items so I need to pick and choose which attributes apply to which template items. 

Hi @bgrassi ,

Best that I know, you would need to go through each row on the attribute list, lookup the attribute by key, and then set the IsActive checkbox to true or false for each attribute.  This can be done in Configuration-->Attributes on the Import Scenario.  I would do it as separate scenario from the original template item import.

In that same scenario, you could specify the attributes that should be active.  Depending on the item class, you will need at least one or two attributes to specify for the Default Column and Row attributes.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Hi @bgrassi ,

Best that I know, you would need to go through each row on the attribute list, lookup the attribute by key, and then set the IsActive checkbox to true or false for each attribute.  This can be done in Configuration-->Attributes on the Import Scenario.  I would do it as separate scenario from the original template item import.

In that same scenario, you could specify the attributes that should be active.  Depending on the item class, you will need at least one or two attributes to specify for the Default Column and Row attributes.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Yikes….For large amounts of template items this isn’t going to be feasible I can’t imagine….

Thinking out loud here, with no history of trying this, but…

When configuring a “lookup by key” part of an import scenario, I wonder if you can purposely use a formula that is always true for each attribute line, to act as a “catch-all”

Therefore it would act on every attribute line.

Again, haven’t done this or tested anything, but could be an avenue to explore.

Hi @bgrassi 

Sharing my experience on a similar task.

Hi @bgrassi 

Sharing my experience on a similar task.

Read through that….the script mentioned how was that used? 

Hi @bgrassi were you able to find a solution? Thank you!