Solved

How to mass update sales price expiration date?

• 7 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I was able to mass expire sales prices, but I updated them to the incorrect expiration date. Below is my current import that only works when the expiration date is null. I need it to update the specific record IDs that have the incorrect expiration date with the correct expiration date. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by hayleehicks 9 November 2022, 22:53

View original

7 replies

Badge +16

Hello Haylee,

If I want to update expired dates only when the expired date = 12/31/2022 for example, I would filter the Expiration Date, send to Excel, and then import the new expiration date using the lines I’ve exported to identify which records to change:

Import scenario will look something like this:

I hope this helps you.  (No, it’s not programmatically searching for the proper date; yes you could have a long list of stock item prices in Excel… but it works.) 🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @laura01! When I try creating this import, it inserts the top row unlike your import screenshot (can’t be deleted), and then I get this error when trying to run the import: Duplicate Sales Price. This line overlaps with another Sales Price (Price: 134.620000, Effective Date: 3/14/2022, Expiration Date: 11/3/2022). Any other ideas? I also tried marking the top row (line nbr) inactive but got the same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @hayleehicks18 

This is something similar but I’ve done that with Vendor prices and it works. Here is what I use:

Have you tried to Commit the date? Sometimes that commit checkbox is the culprit. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @laura01! I tried the commit on the date and the save. I still got the same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @hayleehicks18 

Can you share your import and I would be happy to test it on my local. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21! We ended up fixing these records in the database. Thanks for your help and prompt responses!

Badge +16

@hayleehicks18 ,

I’m sorry I couldn’t be more helpful - there was just no way I could make time to help test the import for you the past few days.  (I’m buried in a client’s sales tax over here in FL.)  I’m so glad you figured it out.  You are a superstar!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved