Solved

How to create an automation schedule for an import scenario

• 20 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’ve created an import scenario based on GI results and I’d like to schedule it to Prepare and Import once a day. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 20 September 2022, 08:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mikeho 

Yes we can do using Business events 

For example

If you want to update the Inventory record on daily basis for example at the end of the day

1. Create a Business event with ‘Trigger by Scheduler” 
  2. Add an Import scenario and give the mapping which you need to update on the stock Item 
  3. Add a scheduler in the “ Schedulers” Tab at the end of the day ( One or two schedules)to run an import scenario to update the fields. ( Like 9 pm everyday)

Please review and let me know if you need any additional help here.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you, @manikantad18. It looks like my mistake was creating the import scenario before creating the business event - I couldn’t figure out ho to select that import scenario I had already created.

Maybe you can help me with this as well - the GI I created is to update some fields on Stock Items. When selecting the Screen Name, would that be the name of the GI or the Stock Items I’m trying to update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thank you, @manikantad18. It looks like my mistake was creating the import scenario before creating the business event - I couldn’t figure out ho to select that import scenario I had already created.

Maybe you can help me with this as well - the GI I created is to update some fields on Stock Items. When selecting the Screen Name, would that be the name of the GI or the Stock Items I’m trying to update?

Hi @mikeho 

You can select the import scenario created using below steps

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@manikantad18 - is there something I need to do to make the specific Import Scenario visible under the Subscribers? When I set the Type to “Import Scenario” and lookup under Subscriber ID for the specific Import Scenario I want to schedule it is not showing up.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Actually, it looks like I don’t need to do this through a Business Event?? I can create an Automation Schedule from the Process Import Scenarios screen (SM206035).

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved