Skip to main content
Solved

Delete specific Stock Item / Vendors via Import Scenario

• 16 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi! I’m trying to delete specific Vendors from the Stock Item / Vendor tab. I have an Import Scenario that will Delete a Vendor but, only when it appears at the top of the list. How can I set the Import Scenario to search all attached Vendors and Delete the specified Vendor Id? I have 9200 of these so really not wanting to do them manually.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Bree612 ,

I'm not sure whether we can search for a specified record and delete it from an import scenario. I have one approach, but it will also consume your time.

For example, you could add a line number in the data provider file and pass this line number in the source field of the import scenario for the corresponding row (<Line Number> ). However, this requires manual work as you first need to determine which line number contains that vendor, making it more time-consuming.

Therefore, customization is a better approach if no other solutions work.

Badge +18

Hello,

It may help you to view this video from Acumatica Support where they show How to Delete a Row from a Grid and many other useful topics (Acuamtica example from the video is shown below).

I couldn’t find an example using your exact question - removing Vendor record from Vendors tab of Stock Items. However the concept is the similar and I hope this example leads you to a solution.

I recommend trying the import in your test tenant first, then exporting the scenario to your live tenant.

You will keep your StockItem Summary -- Inventory ID line.  Next you will add a line like @@VendorID followed by another line referencing vendor ID with this line connected to your Excel Vendor column in the Source Field column. 

In the video, the presenter deliberately changed the <Line Number> value from -1 to -2… I’m not sure if this line should be the same for your example (maybe someone else will add more detail to this thread). I can only recommend, try to match the values other columns as shown by Acumatica, and change them one at a time in your testing until  you achieve success.

Here is a second example taken from Acumatica Import Scenarios training guide (course i100), lesson 2.4 where they use @@ function  to find a particular item description on existing invoices and then update pricing on specific lines.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @Laura02, I was able to resolve the issue after reviewing your screen shots. Your first screenshot was closest to my issue. After watching the “Delete Row from a Grid” video around the 53:30 minute mark. I was able to make the following changes which have tested correctly.

1. Inserted @@ in front of Field / Action “Vendor ID”
  2. Removed the space in Field / Action “Vendor ID” so that it matched the Native Field
  3. set the source field to my spreadsheet so that is looks for specified Vendor
  4. identified the row to select by referencing the Vendor of my spreadsheet
  5. Initiated Delete using the -2 function.