Skip to main content

Hello! I would like to use Business Event Import Scenario to create a task automatically when an opportunity status changes to “Won.” I followed the steps in this article: Automatic Task Creation with Business Event and Import Scenario • Everything Else • Acumatica User Group Forums (augforums.com) but was not able to see the task get created. I think my import scenario might be wrong… any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi @jzhu ,

Have you checked the Business Event History to see if the event fired?  If there is an error in your import scenario you will often see the error message there.

There is also a business event subscriber type that is specifically configured to create a task.  If you are having issues with the import scenario that might be worth a look.  

Laura 

Hi @lauraj46 You are correct, I checked and the event never went through. The error message is: ‘Summary’ cannot be empty. ‘Owner’ cannot be empty. In my import scenario these two fields are not empty, also do you know where the source fields/value are pulling from? Why is it not giving me an option to choose owner?

I was able to get summary and owner. However the error message now is Failed to convert parameter value from a string to a guid. I’m not sure which field this error relates to… any help is appreciated!!!

Hi @jzhu ,

The data source for the import scenario is the Won Opportunities GI.  You should add the opportunity owner as a field in that GI, then you will be able to choose this field as the value for the Owner field on the new task.  The single quotes in your expression on the Owner field designate that as a string literal, which is probably the source of the error because the OwnerID field is not a string.

Hopefully that makes sense.  Give it a try and let me know!

Laura

Hi @lauraj46 !

My business event worked! Thanks for your help!

I do have another question not sure if it’s something you know.. in the task that’s created from the won opportunity, I would like to bring the inventory item on the details tab over too, I couldn’t figure out how to do it with import scenario, do you have any ideas how this could be done? 

Thanks!!

Hi @jzhu ,

You could join the CROpportunityProducts DAC in your GI to get the inventory details. From there you can include these fields in the subject or body of the task.  Tasks also support user defined fields.

Depending on how your GI and business event are configured, multiple detail lines on an opportunity will likely result in the creation of multiple tasks.

Hope this helps!

Laura