Solved

BOM id cannot be empty on import scenario

• 7 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I am attempting to load BOMs.  All works well unless there are multiple materials on an operation.  Then it throws an error on the additional materials in the operation.  I am working with a VERY short data set to get this working but cannot move past this.  I started with the standard BOM import scenario.

icon

Best answer by ltussing03 10 April 2023, 21:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Looks like the import scenario is working fine as it successfully processed a couple lines, so you don’t have to worry about that.  This issue looks to be specific to that line in the data from your data provider. It doesn’t look like that BOM ID exists in your system, so you will need to ignore that line and investigate later why it doesn’t exist later.

To continue the import, uncheck the active checkbox on that line and then click the import button again. Everytime you run into an error, just uncheck the “active” checkbox and continue. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks for responding brendan!

The BOM id does exist and it is a misleading error.

Turns out BOM import scenarios are complex and we went a different direction.

I do appreciate your time in responding!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved