Solved

AR Invoices Not Letting Me Add Finished Goods

• 10 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m working on a migration project from Sage to Acumatica.  I was asked to write an import scenario to load older AR Invoices.  As I write the script, I manually walk through the steps to see how it interacts with the data entry form.  When I get to the detail section and try to add an inventory item, I see that only non-stock items are displaying in my lookup.  All my imported items are finished goods, so I’m getting errors for my import.  I’m not familiar at all on how the inventory items were imported, but where/what would I look for to allow finished goods to show up?

icon

Best answer by wfilipiak67 10 May 2021, 17:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi, 

If you put the AR system into Migration mode (checkbox on the AR Preferences) you will be able to add the Stock Items.

Migration mode does not affect the GL & is very useful for bringing in AR Invoices from other systems.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I was aware of that setting, but I was thought it was only necessary to set when I was running the import scenario.  It seems to be working now, thanks for the quick response.

Userlevel 2
Badge

One other observation: When I went to the demo entity and tried the same thing, it showed other item classes and it was not in Migration Mode.  That’s why I was asking of there was a GL setting or configuration that may have been missed.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved