Skip to main content
Question

Unable to Copy Row Set Due to Size

• 4 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello - 

We have a Row Set that is quite large, tens of thousands of lines, and we need to copy it to make a similar report with just a few changes. When I attempt to copy it, the copy seems like it works, but when I save, I get the below error message. Is there any work around to this?

Thanks!

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I don’t think I can ‘make it load’ if it’s too large but I am thinking about how we could make the same report a different way.

Can you explain the design a bit?  Why are so many lines needed?

Thank you!

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey Laura - 

It is a summary Profit & Loss Statement, with multiple summary pages, and then individual P&L pages for each department that we have (around 40 departments). We use unit groups to designate the departmental P&Ls.

Is there a way to import an excel format into a new row set? I am thinking I could export this one, and then import into a different row set and make the changes I need there. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mdyer were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett  - 

Unfortunately, we were unable to find a solution for this. Do you know if there is a way to export the existing row to excel and import it into a new row set?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge

@mdyer unfortunately I am not a product expert. We'd need one of them to answer that for you.