Solved

Trial Balance missing all branches

• 5 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Client has several branches.  Trial Balance is out of balance due to the report not picking up all branches.  For example:

Branch “0” is assigned to company:

Any posting to this branch is not included in the Trial Balance report for the company.  (in orange are missing)

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 6 January 2024, 15:25

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I understand you have a ‘good’ report that includes all branches, and a ‘bad’ trial balance report that leaves out some branches

1. Is the bad Trial Balance report Customized?  If Yes, then inactivate customized Report Versions and print the report again, to rule out report customizations as the cause of the problem. (Users in the Report Designer role can see the Report Versions tab.)

1. Is the tenant using Company/Branch Roles?  If yes, is the User who prints the trial balance report a member of all company & branch roles?

If these ideas don’t lead you to the answer, please show us the following info for both the GOOD and the BAD reports:

• Complete screenshots including report name/number identification of the parameters that were used to print the reports
  • Report Revisions tabs
  • Printed Results of the Good report.
  • Printed Results of the Bad report.
  • Show User roles/branch roles
  • Did the Bad report ever work?  If so, what changed since it last worked?

Thank you.

Laura 

Badge +18

Hello,

One more idea:  If the Trial Balance report that is missing some branches is an ARM report (Acumatica Report Manager report built using Finance screens pictured below and appearing in financial report section of menu)  then it’s possible the Unit Set used to build the financial report is missing some branches.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Question #1 - It is not customized.  The report is an out-of-the box report that has not been modified.

Question #2 - There are Company/Branch roles.  The user is “Jdon” and here are the roles relating (if more please let me know):

• Complete screenshots including report name/number identification of the parameters that were used to print the reports

GL632000

• Report Revisions tabs
  • Printed Results of the Good report - Attachment #1

• Printed Results of the Bad report. - Attachment #2
  • Show User roles/branch roles - please see above - if I left something out, please advise.
  • Did the Bad report ever work?  If so, what changed since it last worked? Just found out it does not work.  The client added a another company in 2023 (they now have 3).  None of the TB’s balance for any company.

If I left anything out, please advise.  Thanks for the help.

Badge +18

Hello, I can’t look at your attachments until tomorrow. For now I have one more idea: do you have restriction groups that build relationships between users and branches, or between branches and accounts? If so, please try temporarily disabling restriction groups.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

The only restriction is that regular payroll employees can only see their paystub.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jddonnell55 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved