Solved

Reverse and apply debit memo

• 17 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi!

Does anybody know why its not possible to select a credit or debit memo when the Reverse and Apply to Memo action is selected in a Receivable Invoice? The user case is that I need to increase the amount of the original invoice to increse the outstanding balance of a customer and to do that a Debit Memo should be created

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Laura02 17 November 2022, 11:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

note: I know that one way to do it is creating first the debit memo and then apply it to the original invoice but I want to use the Reverse and Apply memo action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @rodrigocid34  I think the system will allow us to select the Credit Memo/Debit Memo when we click on the Reverse and Apply Memo action for the OPEN invoice.

Below article might help you. please review.

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Wiki/ShowWiki.aspx?pageid=1da8f906-8674-4a1a-b6a1-b92d573e60e8

Badge +18

Hello,

Hi!

Does anybody know why its not possible to select a credit or debit memo when the Reverse and Apply to Memo action is selected in a Receivable Invoice? The user case is that I need to increase the amount of the original invoice to increase the outstanding balance of a customer and to do that a Debit Memo should be created

Thanks!

• Reverse and Apply Action will create a Credit Memo for the full amount of your original invoice and the Credit Memo will be applied to the original invoice. You will need to manually create a replacement Invoice to your customer (or a Debit Memo to replace the original invoice if you prefer).
  • Reverse and Apply Action will not create an Invoice or a Debit Memo to replace the original Invoice. 
  • Reverse and Apply Action will not create an incremental Debit Memo, such as to increase the amount of the original invoice for forgotten shipping charges or incorrect pricing.
  • Reverse and Apply Action will not allow you to choose what type of documents are created during the Reverse and Apply action.

note: I know that one way to do it is creating first the debit memo and then apply it to the original invoice but I want to use the Reverse and Apply memo action.

We cannot apply Debit Memos to Invoices - both Debit memo and Invoices increase the customer’s balance and cannot be connected to each other, even if related.  When a Payment arrives, Payment can be applied to an Invoice and the related Debit Memo at the same time.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved