Question

Report Profit and loss based on item class?

• 30 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi I would like to generate P&L based on item class per below, but keep failing to find the right definition.

Does anyone know the definition?

Thanks in advance!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @cherlene 

How are the GL transactions segregated based on Item class? 

Are you using any specific Sub account/ Subaccount segment value per Item class? You can build the report based on how you have setup to separate the numbers to identify Item class at document /transaction level ( Say Invoices in this case ).

• One approach would be, using sub accounts / sub account segment to separate the transactions per Item class
  • You can setup separate Sub account on Item profile of specific item class ( set it up at item class as well, as it carries over on creating new item )

GL batch generated for sales will use specific sub account for specific item class 

On ARM report, column set, you can specify the subaccount on data source. 

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @vkumar. That was a nice post.

In addition, @cherlene , How is your Posting Class in Inventory Module Configured? Is it based on the Account/Subaccount from Inventory Item or Warehouse or Posting Classes?

Thanks

Hi @vkumar and @ChandrasekharM, thank you so much for the replies. Unfortunately we don’t have subaccount set up yet. The posting class for our inventory is currently based on inventory item. 

In Netsuite, we are able to give a customer attribute or item class to every transactions and analyse the P&L based on item class and attributes. But in Acumatica I had difficulties in setting this up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

​​​@cherlene As shown below, the “Sales Profitability by Item Class and Item” report in the Sales Order Modules provides the margin and Margin%. Please review and verify if this works for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @cherlene Here are the Parameters and “Details” report format of the “Sales Profitability by Item Class and Item” , for your reference.

Thanks

Hi @ChandrasekharM, thank you so much for showing me this. I would need the report to be able to tie to P&L as we have different sales and cost too just like my first screenshot. We also have generated multiple GI but GI were haing trouble picking up GL items and tying to th P&L.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @cherlene were you able to figure this out? Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved