Solved

Removing the link between a PO and a PO Receipt where all items on the PO Receipt have been returned.

• 13 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I have a PO that was setup with the wrong Vendor.  I received an invoice for the PO and created the PO Receipt before I realized that the Vendor was wrong. 

I did a Return of the PO Receipt (essentially nullifying the POR).  This Return actually created a second POR which reversed the first one, so all items on the PO are back to “un-receipted”. 

I want to correct the Vendor on the PO but since there is a link to to the “received” POR and the “returned” POR, the system won’t let me change the Vendor.  I get an error message saying - “You cannot change the vendor for this purchase order because it has purchased receipts linked.”

Is there a way to remove the link to these two PORs to the PO?

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 15 December 2023, 21:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @brianbauer 

Unfortunately, there is no current functionality to “void” incorrect receipts and you also cannot apply both receipts and returns to the same bill to create a $0 bill.  The only way to clear out the receipt is to create a bill and the only way to clear out the return is to create a debit adjustment, then apply the debit adjustment against to bill to clear them out.  I have the following idea on the board to add this functionality.  Please add your votes and comments there.

To change the vendor, after you clear out the receipt and return, I’d cancel the PO and recreate it for the correct vendor. 

Megan

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved