Solved

Remove Items from Bank Rec but not the GL

• 6 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We have a couple of line items in the Bank Reconciliation that need to be removed. These were items that came over from a previous ERP system. We created them by doing a GL entry that just hit cash on the debit and credit side. Can we do that again to remove them? They have realized now, a few months down the line from migration, that these items were outstanding in error so we would like to remove them from the bank rec but leave the GL as is. 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 7 December 2022, 14:49

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I am familiar with entering outstanding checks from a prior system as debits and credits to the same cash account in order to complete the very first Reconciliation Statement. In the very first Reconciliation Statement, we clear the debit to cash and we leave open the credit representing the outstanding AP check that hasn’t cleared the bank.

The problem with your scenario is, you were somehow able to complete very first Reconciliation Statement *with outstanding checks entered incorrectly*.  How did you do that? The couple of “not really outstanding” checks should have caused a difference between Acumatica and your bank from day 1. 

Look for another entry… how was cash forced into balance?  Was another entry made to cash and some other account, to facilitate balancing the very first bank rec? I think there must be another entry to cash and something other than cash, or your cash would never have balanced to the bank. I hope you can find the previous adjustment(s), and create another adjustment like it today, reversing the debit and credit accounts from what was used originally… in the amount of the couple of line items to which you refer in your first sentence.

Then you will be able to clear the not really outstanding checks as well as your new adjustments and go forward with a cleaned up Reconciliation statement.

Badge +18

Hello @rebeckamckinney53 ,

Have I answered your question?  If you need more assistance please let us know.  Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sorry Laura, Yes. You totally had it right. I went back and asked a few more questions and that clarified that the transactions did need posted to the GL. Thank you for your time. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved