Solved

Purchase Price Variance Account Options

• 10 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

We went live recently and are trying to brainstorm a more efficient method of expensing Purchase Order vs. A/P Bill variances.  Ideally, any variance below a defined threshold (like 5% for example) would be ignored and inherit the original PO account coding, with those items exceeding the threshold submitted for additional review and approval.

Has anyone been able to implement anything similar to this?  If not, I’m curious to hear how other Accounting departments are processing these variances.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 12 December 2023, 00:51

View original

2 replies

Hi @jvirgin , we’re asking those same questions.  We’re using non-stock PO’s for our general procurement (since we’re not manufacturing or retail sales focused), and I’ve love to have a general % setting such as you describe.  In addition, I’d like the variance to go straight through to the GL & subaccount as set on the PO, not a PPV GL, since we’re not using COGS.

Badge +18

Hello,

There is a similar idea posted in the Ideas section of Acumatica Community.  Please vote, and add your ideas here:

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved