Skip to main content
Solved

Purchase Order not recognizing budget on project

• 13 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Purchase Order not recognizing budget on project

The account code used is included in the TRAVEL account group and TRAVEL is included in the budget.  When posting a JE, it works fine.  When an attempt is made to enter a Purchase Order, it gives error (error comes before and after Cost Code entry)

The PO  error:

The budget:

Account Group

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I cannot see the Actual amounts for Travel on the project, so I can’t be 100% certain whether the Travel budget on the project has been exceeded. 

UOM may be important- the project budget UOM is different from UOM on the PO. What happens if you change the UOM on the app to ITEM?

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Budget is fine.  I synced up the UOM on the PO and budget.  Ran the recalculate project balances. Still have the error.

Badge +18

Hello,

Can you please supply more information - which of the four available Cost Budget Levels you are using?

For example, if Cost Budget level is Task, Item and Cost code then all 3, Task, Item and Cost Code must be the same on the Cost Budget tab of the project and the PO. 

If you find that all parts of the cost budget level match between the cost budget tab of the project and the PO… does the site have published customizations?

If the site has customizations, please rule out customizations as the cause of the problem by adding the same PO lines that match the cost budget of the project while customizations are temporarily un-published. Let us know whether the behavior is different with customizations temporarily un-published.

Also state the Acumatica version. Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jddonnell55 hi! this is meant to be a warning that is set up on the project preferences: 

it shouldn’t prevent you from creating the transactions as it’s meant to be a warning to show users that you are going to be overbudget. 

I would double check the GL account thats referenced on the Purchase order is in the travel account group as well, I’ve seen that happen before and the system ends up creating a new line on the budget

Userlevel 3
Badge

No Published Customizations

Cost Budget Level - Task

Thanks.