Solved

Provisional Posting

• 20 November 2020
  • 2 replies

My company recently switched from Sage 300 to Acumatica. Acumatica is far superior, however, Sage 300 had a feature I liked to use that is missing from Acumatica. Provisional posting. I would like to see this added.

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 20 November 2020, 17:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Joshua,

You can still post right away and use the “Reclassify” feature if you need to make edits to entries that were previously posted. It is not possible at this point to include unposted transactions in financial reports that you build using the out-of-the-box financial report writer, ARM. 

If you’re looking for a solution to this limitation, you might be interested to know that this is something that we recently made available to customers using our Excel-based reporting add-on for Acumatica, Velixo. In all your functions, you can now decide if you want to include unposted transactions to the calculation. Here’s an example - the last argument lets you decide what you want to include in the calculation:

Our solution is used by hundreds of Acumatica users worldwide, and we have had a few requests over the years for provisional reporting. I hope you will find this useful as well! Send me a PM if you want to try it out, i’ll help you get setup.

We are new to Acumatica and are very happy so far. The option to run a Trial Balance with unposted transactions would be very helpful and an option I have used in other systems. 

Just wanted to register my vote on this request.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved