Skip to main content

I’m setting up a construction project that will have its own specific cash account. How can I link them together so that when someone is entering AP bills across many different projects, they won’t have to edit anything in the financial tab for this specific one? I want it to automatically know which cash account to use. 

Hello,

I don’t see any standard Acumatica features that provide capability for connecting a Project to a default Cash Account. I looked at version 2024 R2.

I checked the Ideas section of Acumatica Community and I don’t see your Idea in the list.  Please add your Idea to Acumatica Community so we can vote.

In the meantime, I expect a Customization could help you.  A default Project Bank Account field could be added to the Defaults tab of Projects profile screen.

Add Bank Account to Defaults tab of Projects screen

Customize Acumatica to default the Cash Account on Financial tab of AP Bills & Adjustments screen from the Project.  If the Cash Account is blank on the project, or there is no Project on the Bill, then default Cash Account from the Payment Method/Branch or from the Vendor as usual.

Laura

Can you point me in the direction where instructions on how to add that customization might be found?

Hello,

If you want to hire someone to perform development/customizations, the next step is to contact your VAR - your Acumatica Partner or reseller.  If you already work with a developer to customize your Acumatica site, then you could contact your developer.

If you want to become an Acumatica Developer, check out Reporting and Customization courses on Acumatica Open University.

Laura