Question

Payable Incoming Documents - Currency Issue Bills

• 10 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good day,

We just started using the Payables Incoming Document feature.  It works fine in my US tenant however, when I tried to demo it in the UK/EUR instance for other currency (GBP/EUR) I get the below message.  The vendor profile is correct in the currency types.

Any ideas or solution on fixing this issue.  It the currency rate is defined however, could this be a date issue on the currency effective date?  

Thank you

@Evan G 

6 replies

Badge +16

Hello @EvanG ,

I wonder if the problem is that the currency on the bill shown above is not USD. I noticed in the Help for Incoming Documents screen, a limitation highlighted pink:

Does “The locale of a file should be en-us” mean that non-US currency documents cannot be recognized in the version you are using?  The Help segment I posted above is from version 2022 R1

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Laura02 - it does work in Canada for both CAD and USD bills, but our bill formats are generally pretty similar compared to the US.  I know when it first released it was specifically restricted to Canada and the US, but I thought that was more around where the data was being processed?

@EvanG The fact that the error is around the rates makes me think that you may not have an exchange rate type and/or the correct conversion direction.  Acumatica is a bit picky if you’ve got rates going one way (GBP to EUR) but not the other direction (EUR to GBP).  Generally I’ve always found it easiest to just set up automatic rate refresh schedules to pull the rates going both directions on a regular basis to avoid this.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good day,

I added the local to Acumatica.  The file was recognized with no issue.  Dates were fine.  I am not sure what it means by file locale?  We get ap bills from all over the world.  China, UK, Europe etc.  Is an issue with the PDF.  The file is getting recognized with no issue. I still think it is relate to the currency issue?  Does this product only work with USD?  Please ask Acumatica Support. 

@Laura02 Please ask Acumatica Support.  I have three tenants Brazil, Mexico and UK/EUR.  Currency seems to be to the issue.  I tested creating a bill not file Recognition.  Recognition works fine.  it is when we try to created the bill is the issue.

Thank you

Evan

Userlevel 5
Badge

@meganfriesen37   Hi Megan,  I have failed in setting up the automatic refresh.  We have USD as the based tenant and conversion set up from USD to GBP and the other way and USD to EUR and  the other way.  Do I need one for GBP to EUR?  Have not thought that was needed since are financial are in USD.

Can you provide the automatic refresh directions?  Also, any thoughts on setting the cross currency rates with Acumatica.  We don’t convert this way normally.  I would like to get this product work.

Thank you

Evan

Badge +16

Hello Evan,

I was able to update your Automation Schedule (I removed the Limit number and fleshed out the Conditions and Filter tabs to match the schedule that is working in your US tenant).  It’s now working and all currency rates are up-to-date in both directions.

I noticed you have two documents awaiting recognition in AP Incoming Documents screen. One Vendor is denominated is EUR and the other is GBP, while the base currency of the tenant is USD.

The help is vague; as noted above. I think the situation might be: we can’t create a bill via Document Recognition for a vendor whose currency denomination does not match base currency.  I’ve opened an Acumatica case to request clarification and further assistance.

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good day,

The issue is still open.  The ACM support case has now been escalated to Level 2.

When we can a resolution I will update.

@EvanG 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved