Solved

Locking Down Purchase Order Types for Users

• 7 October 2022
  • 6 replies

I would like to lock the Purchase Order Type to “Normal”, right now I have it set as the default, but a couple of people have changed it and it causes a problem.

Has anyone be able to set this by User Role or just overall lock it to “Normal”.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 7 October 2022, 16:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Swest ! You should be able to change the access rights to the Order Type field to View Only for the user roles who will visit this screen and it will prevent them from changing the type.

Thank you for your response. Is there a way to lock the PO type for those creating the actual po?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Swest Just setting the default PO is the only way to make sure that when the PO is created, it is a specific type. Along with the View Only restriction on the type it is essentially locked into that default type for these users.

Ok Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Swest 

as @BenjaminCrisman stated Please use access rights by screen and restrict employees to change the order type.

Step 1

Step 2

Thanks

@Swest Just setting the default PO is the only way to make sure that when the PO is created, it is a specific type. Along with the View Only restriction on the type it is essentially locked into that default type for these users.

I understand the process of user access rights to restrict the functionality of changing the order type. However, I can’t find anywhere that lists the default order type. In discussions with our onboarding partner, they stated we are not able to set a default PO Order type. 

In our case, 99% of our POs will be Project Drop-ship. Users having to select that every time to ensure accurate shipping of materials ordered is a risk we are trying to eliminate. Based on this thread, I’m hopeful someone can point me in the right direction on how to set the Default PO Type.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved