Solved

Linking PO to Bill once closed(paid)

• 19 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I’m having an issue where AP did not link the PO to the bill when it was entered. It went through the whole process and was paid.

I know it can be reversed if the status is open, but since it was paid and now closed is there any way I can link it to the PO?

I don’t understand either.. if it can be reversed, how would you apply the payment again without it thinking it was paid twice? Reverse the bill and payment and then enter it all again?

It’s causing a lot of extra work when I’m in the project close out report, the costs are allocated to the project but finding out what costs belong to what PO manually with a ton of bills and PO’s on a job…it’s very time consuming.

Not sure if there is a way to do a project transaction like entry where it can hit the PO but not be posted to the GL? but..

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 20 September 2023, 19:03

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello,

We can reverse paid bills in Acumatica, without impact on the payment.

1. Reverse paid AP Bill. Reversing the Bill creates a Debit Adjustment (opposite of a Bill).
  2. Create a new Bill from the PO or from the PO Receipt. You may also create the new bill in AP Bills screen, using buttons above the grid to select PO or PO Receipt onto the bill

4. Apply the credit memo created in step 1 to the new Bill created in step 2.

It’s a good idea to practice the above steps in your Testing/Training tenant so you can feel comfortable with the results, prior to making the above steps in your live tenant.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved