Landed cost vs freight cost

• 20 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge
  • Jr Varsity II
  • 103 replies

Hi Anyone

i would like know more about the landed cost in accumatica. As i know once we entered the landed cost . it will become part of value of inventory instead of freight cost expenses. Not sure if my understanding is correct?

As we would like to know the freight cost of each import shipment or outbound shipment, Not sure if acumatica got this function to let us take in the freight cost?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Julia Golomidova 20 October 2020, 09:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello erin,

Landed costs are accounted for as increases in the inventory value of purchased goods. Upon releasing a landed cost document, the system generates the inventory adjustment that updates the items’ cost in inventory according to the allocated landed cost amounts and the valuation method of these items.

So, the landed costs are used in the purchasing process.

Here can be found more information about llocating landed costs: https://help-2020r1.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=682b3203-18ed-4258-821a-61a82117d65f

As about the freight costs are used on sales documents. It’s possible to configure the system to automatically calculate freight price or users can manually enter the freight amount for each document.

More information about the freight calculation: https://help-2020r1.acumatica.com/(W(3))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=861acb8b-9292-48fc-b348-4fc920724249

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved