Solved

Is it possible to show the customer/vendor for the module of "CA"?

• 29 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi all,

Can you help me about my concern, if possible to show the customer/vendor “CA” module in Transactions for period report

Image Reference:

Thanks

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 30 September 2022, 05:31

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @bcsmis64 ! I checked over this report and there is nothing stopping all the Customer/Vendor data coming into the report, but I don’t see where the Customer/Vendor is stored on the Cash transaction?

Can you show a screenshot in the Cash Transaction screen where you are getting the customer or vendor?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @bcsmis64 

Cash Deposits do not show customers or vendors. It shows on the payments. 

If you are looking for a workaround- You can put the Customer or vendor name in the description. The system is only showing the summary of that deposit. 

For example, if you have 3 customer deposits on one deposit, the system won’t choose which one to show. 

Hi @BenjaminCrisman 

This is the transactions coming from (please see the image below):

This is the invoice transactions

This is the Payment for customer

This is the transactions for Bank Deposit

When you click the specific reference number from Transactions for Period this is the output 

Thanks

Hi @kbeatty21 

What is the reason or best explanation why the system can’t show the details for Customer/Vendor and the workaround only here is to input who’s customer in the description?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @kbeatty21 

What is the reason or best explanation why the system can’t show the details for Customer/Vendor and the workaround only here is to input who’s customer in the description?

Thanks

I believe that it’s because the deposits on the Journal transactions are only showing the summary. 

Hi @kbeatty21 

And one more thing, the one in the GL module also has no customer/vendor listed, does this also mean that it is just a summary in Journal Transactions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@bcsmis64 This is possible but it will require more joins into the report to make it happen, and adding more tables could mean more data coming in and create duplicates.

I think I was able to find a way around this by adding in a join from GLTran to CATran, then CATran to CADeposit, then CADeposit to ARPayment:

Join on CATranID = TranID
Join from CATran to CADeposit
CADeposit to ARPayment

The result I was testing for is this Bank Deposit:

This is what my report looks like:

Hi @BenjaminCrisman 

I'm not sure if these are the ones I put in Tables

I followed your step from this

When I run the report, the Customer/Vendor not showing, I just don't know if I missed any steps

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@bcsmis64 The reason mine are green on the report is because I added the ARPayment.CustomerID field to the report, displaying directly under the other field.

Instead of the way I did it, you can place them on top of each other and then use visibility expressions to control which one prints.

For testing purposes I would just do like I did and place the ARPayment.CustomerID field on the report and then see if it populates, if not, there could be something else going on, though I suspect it will work.

If it does, then you know it works and all you need to do is clean up the report and add the visibility expression (maybe something =[ARPayment.CustomerID]<>Null), I didn’t get that far but if there is difficulty with the visibility expression let me know and I’ll see if I can find a working configuration.

It’s almost there!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved